A Flexmls subscription sends an automatic email to your clients when another member adds a listing or edits an existing listing that meets your client’s search criteria. All listing types appear in subscriptions with the exception of Delayed listings. If you want to see the Delayed listings in the MLS, you can find them via Flexmls Hot Sheets.
What Are Delayed Listings?
The Delayed listing status is in place to help sellers who need more time preparing their homes for showings. You can learn more about the status by reading our Delayed listing status information page.
Here are a few reminders on Delayed listings:
- A listing must be entered as Delayed from the start and requires the seller’s consent.
- A listing can be entered in the MLS as Delayed for up to 21 days. You can’t make a listing Active before the date indicated in the system.
- No showings, such as agent previews, broker opens or public showings, can occur when a property is in Delayed status.
- Delayed listings are not included in subscriptions, IDX feeds and third-party syndication feeds.
- The listing agent can’t use Delayed status to create a pocket listing or circumvent other MLS policies or rules.