Clearing your browsing history can significantly improve the speed and performance of your browser. The following procedures provide steps to remove the cache memory for a variety of browsers.
Clearing Cache on Microsoft Internet Explorer
In the Internet Explorer menu bar, click Tools and select Delete Browsing History.
If you do not have the Internet Explorer Menu at the upper left, here are the steps to clearing your history:
- Click on the Tools Icon at the right and select Delete Browsing History.
- Put a checkmark in everything but the following:
- Preserve Favorite Website data
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Close button on the bottom of the Delete Browsing History window.
- Relaunch Internet Explorer.
Clearing Cache in Chrome Browser
- Click on the Icon in the upper right of the browser with the three lines in it.
- Select Settings.
- Click on History in the left-hand column.
- Click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
- In the Clear Browsing Data screen in the Obliterate, the following items from the drop-down, choose the beginning of time. Place a checkmark in all the boxes but passwords and click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Closeout of Chrome completely to finish the clearing process.
Clearing Cache in Firefox Browser
- Click Tools and select Clear Recent History.
- In the Time Range drop-down, choose Everything.
- Put a Checkmark in all the checkboxes.
- Click the Clear Now button.
- Close and relaunch Firefox.
Clearing Cache in Microsoft Edge
- Click on the button with the three dots in it and then click on Settings.
- In the Browsing History section, click on Choose What to Clear.
- Click on Show More.
- Put a Checkmark in all the checkboxes except passwords.
- Click the Clear button.
- When the dots stop moving to the right at the upper left of the screen, close and relaunch Microsoft Edge.