The portal is a feature in contact management to help consolidate your communications with your contacts. If you choose to use it, your contacts will have access to their dashboard, which will contain the information you send to them.
You will have the ability to give your contacts a login name and password to the portal to save listings to their carts and send you messages regarding listings. Here are some of the features included:
- You can send messages to agents about properties or other items. Agents can respond, and the messages will appear on the portal.
- Retains searches and reports that you have sent.
- You can mark listings as favorites, possibilities, and rejects. Listings also can be characterized as recommended by the agent. These will be organized in separate listing carts.
- Email notification of new FlexMLS messages sent by contacts and agents will be available to get a real-time update within FlexMLS. The primary email address you have listed on FlexMLS will receive a notification. You must turn this on, as it is not automatic.
- Contacts can view all listings that match their search parameters that have been set up by the agent.
Turning on the Portal
If you have not enabled the client portal for the selected contact, your portal tab will look like this. Follow the steps below to turn on the portal.
- Click the Create Portal Account button. When you click “create a portal account,” an email will be sent to your contact with the following information:
- Username (Contact’s primary email address).
- Password (Contact creates their password).
- A link for the portal where your contact can log in.